Call Today : (705) 294-4434  | Fax : (249) 880-4807

Paralegal Services, Innisfil and Barrie

Posted on January 04th, 2017 at 04:07 pm

Paralegal Services

Drivers know to call a paralegal when they want to fight a traffic ticket under the Highway Traffic Act, but paralegals are trained and qualified to do much more.

In Ontario, paralegals are licensed and regulated by The Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC). A licensed paralegal, as an officer of the Provincial Offences Court, can provide specific legal services and represent clients in provincial offences court, summary conviction criminal court, small claims court and at administrative tribunals.

J & N Paralegal offers licensed paralegal services with an office located on Yonge St. in Stroud, Ontario, convenient to Innisfil , Barrie and the surrounding areas.

Paralegal services cover four main areas:

  • Provincial Offences (includes Traffic Court) Provincial Offences: Overview
  • Small Claims Court (for civil suits of less than $25,000 per claim)
  • Summary conviction-prosecuted offences in criminal courts
  • Administrative tribunals – such as Ontario Human Rights Tribunal; Landlord and Tenant Board; Social Benefits Tribunal; municipal licensing tribunals and committees; housing and education committees

A paralegal can advise you if your legal issue falls within their range of services and can refer you to a lawyer if necessary. Paralegals do not offer services for Family Law, Real Estate Transactions,Wills and Estates or serious criminal offences

We currently focus on the following paralegal services.

Traffic Court -

We will represent you for speeding tickets and all other traffic offence tickets under the Highway Traffic Act.

Landlord And Tenant Board -

We will help resolve all landlord and tenant disputes under the Residential Tenancies Act. Disputes may include unpaid rent, property damage, maintenance and repair issues, rent increases and notices to end tenancy. We will represent tenants or landlords at the Landlord And Tenant Board to resolve issues of rights and responsibilities.

Small Claims Court-

We will represent you in small claims court. Legal action in small claims court typically resolves the recovery of money owed, the return of property, breach of contract or negligence issues, among others. Small claims court actions cannot exceed $25,000 in value.

Criminal Record Suspensions-

We will help you in determining if you qualify for a suspension and we will represent you in obtaining a criminal record suspension.

"A record suspension allows people who were convicted of a criminal offence, but have completed their sentence and demonstrated that they are law-abiding citizens for a prescribed number of years, to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records." (from Government of Canada website)

Workplace Safety and Insurance Board-

We will represent employees and employers at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. WSIB covers a wide range of matters and each case will be somewhat unique.

"The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board is an independent trust agency that administers compensation and no-fault insurance for Ontario workplaces. " (from

We offer free consultations

We will determine your best strategy and advise you on the possible or likely outcomes.

Contact us today

Or call right now! 705-294-4434

We offer our services in Innisfil, Barrie, Newmarket, King City, Orillia, Midhurst, Bradford, Midland, Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Angus, Coldwater and nearby areas.

image by stuart miles, courtesy of

Recent Posts

Oct 14, 2016, 8:46 PM
Oct 25, 2016, 1:54 PM
Oct 27, 2016, 4:28 PM
Nov 20, 2016, 3:59 PM
Dec 12, 2016, 1:57 PM
RSS Feed


The information presented on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with a legal service provider (Lawyer or Paralegal) for advice about your individual situation. You may contact this office by way of electronic mail, telephone or in person. Please be advised that contacting the office through the website does not create a formal relationship with J&N Paralegal Services. A formal relationship is created when J&N Paralegal Services has been properly retained, by way of a duly executed retainer agreement, to act on your behalf. Until a formal relationship has been established, please withhold from sending any confidential information regarding your matter.